Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Days 17-20

Day 17: Heritage. I am a good mix of Native American and German.....the red-skinned and the pale-face!!! Haha. But, I am thankful for my American heritage, as well as my family heritage. I am forever proud of my family, my roots, and where I came from. Those before me had to fight for their heritage, and I do not, and for that, I am thankful.
 
Western Art Museum, Cartersville, GA 

I like to think my descendants would have looked just like this!!!
 Day 18: My hubby!!! I know, you just lost your lunch, but I could never begin to describe to you just how thankful I am for my husband. I was very young when I got married, and I definitely found out quick-like that my husband is "different" from most people from my "generation" but I will tell you that what doesn't tear us down will make us better, and I am thankful for all that I have learned from my husband. I am thankful for all we have shared, for all that we have acquired, for lessons learned together, and for being together!!! Some people do not have such a determined, knowledgeable, and hard working person to serve the Lord with together forever, and I do, and for that, I am thankful!
Mr and Mrs 01-01-04

I truly am just as happy now (well most of the time) as I was then!!!

And he's still that same ole stud!

Day 19: School Holidays!!! I am so thankful that I get a few extra days during the year, to have my firstborn home with me! I do miss Noah when he's at school, some days more than others, and I love having him home on days that are not busy weekends. We are all still in our jammies today, and it's after lunch, and for that, I am thankful!!!  
School holidays also give us the opportunity to visit NaNa!!! She was ready for the picture to be over, and Nicholas kept calling the pumpkins behind him "balls"
 Day 20: Grace. I am so thankful that God reached way down in the miry clay, and chose to pull me out, and put my feet on solid ground. I am thankful that no matter what, God is married to the backslider. He holds our pain, and uses His ways to pull us closer. I am very thankful for God's Grace. I have been forgiven, and given a second chance, and for that, I am thankful.
Grace-noun-Mercy, Pardon.

No comments:

Post a Comment