Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8

I am thankful for my education!!!!
 

Even though this is my second shot at continuing my education....I am so thankful to be able to do so now!!!
 
To some, it may not seem like much, but I was always a straight A student.....OK, with the occasional B.....and I always tried to do my best in school. Kids now a days are totally different. Not all kids, but there are some children who think it's funny to get in trouble at school, we were embarrassed to get in trouble (not that I ever did...hah!) and we certainly didn't want to make bad grades. So, I put forth 100% and did my best. That was apparently A's and B's. And, when I graduated high school with a 3.8 GPA, I think I really took for granted all of the scholarships I was offered. I had scholarships to 4 year Universities, and I turned them down, simply to stay close to home and "get my basics out of the way" at Faulkner State Community College. There isn't a thing wrong with that either, after all my brother, one of my sister's, my sister-n-law, one of my late aunts and my husband are all FSCC graduates. It was hard enough going to school as a newly wed, but when I found out soon after that I was expecting, I thought the best option would be to put that on hold, and it still was the best option as having a baby slap in the middle of a semester would've been difficult. And then, I really never gave a lot of thought into going back to school. Again, after all I know lots of people who did not go to college and are doing "just fine" without it!
 
Fast forward to today. I am continuing my education, with a different major, and I am glad. I am very happy that with a little financial assistance, and a little babysitting help, and a lot of family support, and even a sister for a tutor, to be back at it again. And this time, I really know there's a lot of effort going into it. It's not quite as easy to me either. I also know that this could be one of my last shots at it! And mainly, I most definitely see that rather I get a career or not, rather I work in my field of study or not, I will complete my degree, however long it takes!!! Two of my siblings, and my husband both went on to 4 year universities after finishing FSCC (USA, UWF, and TROY!), which is something I doubt I will do. But, you have my word, I will have a A.A.S. in Computer Technology one day!
 
The other day, when I picked up Noah from school, I told him I had just taken my Math test (it's online) and that I made a 95 (I am as shocked as you are!) and Noah smiled, and replied, "Mom, that's great!!! I had a math test too! I hope I did good like you!" That right there is one of the main reasons I will finish my degree, and graduate with my husband, children, parents, and whoever else comes looking on, I will!!!
 
 
I am a Sun Chief again, and for that, I am thankful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment