Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Starting to stress a little.....

Our niece is getting married on Saturday. I am so excited for her. I am also honored that she asked me to be the "official photographer".....but the more I play around with my camera trying to take "professional shots" the more I realize that, as thankful as I am for my camera, I am only taking snapshots with it!!! The lighting in her church is really wierd and I am afraid that the pictures just won't turn out. Or what if the batteries go dead as she is coming down the aisle?!?!?!? This is scary. Derrick keeps reassuring me that I take good pictures, too many, but good ones. A photographer friend of mine once told me that as long as you love taking pictures and you are passionate about it, it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have. Hopefully she's right!

The other thing is she wants Derrick and Noah to wear pink. That's the color of her wedding, but Derrick and Noah are not in her wedding, so I am not sure why they should match. Either way, I went all over Malbis, Spanish Fort, and Fairhope in search of pink dress shirts and/or ties for my boys. Turns out, we are not millionares and cannot pay $25 for a shirt and another $20 for a tie!!! I did find Noah the full four piece outfit (shirt, tie, vest, and pants) for $7 at TJ Maxx. And it's even Van Heusen brand!!! I never could find anything for Derrick. I feel like I let him down. I know he didn't want me spending a bunch of money on it, but he did mention it would be nice to have a new shirt to wear on Father's Day, but he didn't have to. That's when I really started feeling bad. Noah and I had a very fun day shopping though. He was such a good boy as we went in and out of stores, looking at "Daddy shirts", such a good boy.

Even if we didn't find the shirt/tie (again we found them, just not at a reasonable price), and even if I did let Derrick down, I am just so thankful for the opportunity to hop in the truck, and spend an entire day going places with my boy!!! We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, which is a rare occurance, and while I was finishing eating and watching Noah play with the other kids, I was literally in tears because that is when the spirit of thankfulness came over me.....thankfulness to God, and thankfulness to my hard-working husband. He was off working in this heat today, reading hundreds of meters, having millions of numbers going through his head, and I was sitting in nice, cool Chick-Fil-A, where they bring you your food and refill your drinks so you don't have to get up!!! This makes me proud, happy, thankful, and sad all at the same time. I wouldn't trade my day with Noah for anything in this world, but again, I wish I could've accompolish said mission.

I love my husband, I love my Noah, and I love my God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment