Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hot summer fun

As hot as it is outside, I thought today would be a great day for the pool. While Noah was swimming and playing, I had the brilliant idea to give the dog a bath....it's a lot of work. When Noah saw me get the shampoo, he was ready to come help me. We started spraying the water and Buddy Boy (the dog) started to drink the water. He would chase it all over the porch and everything. A task that I was dreading became fun.



Earlier this morning, I was inside, just cleaning around a little.....nothing major (haha).....and I was taking the every day ordinary things for granted. Not many moms get to stay home with their kid(s) and have the time to take care of their home. I know how special that is. I have been trying to sort through piles of junk that I have just laying around. My sister and I are actually going to have a yard sale in about a week and a half, so I am really trying to go through some stuff to see what I am ready to part with. It's hard for me to let go of things for some reason. And the stuff I wouldn't mind getting rid of has been given to us by people and for "feelings sake" I can't get rid of it! The second I did, someone would come in saying, "Where is that ___ I got you?," and I am afraid of that kind of confrontation!!!! Hahaha. But, being able to be in my home, doing something half way productive, and then, merely because I have no itinerary, I get to leave it undone, go outside with my boy, and have a fun time playing. And I was laughing my head off the whole time....that dog is so funny....and Noah was laughing the whole time too!!! Now, I am worn out from the heat, and the work....chasing Buddy around with the hose is work!....and I need to finish the pile I was sorting through, we'll see!!! I may need another break!






No comments:

Post a Comment