Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday instead???

I thought maybe instead of doing "Worship Wednesday," I would try my hand at "Thankful Thursday!!!"


When you count your blessings, sometimes you are reminded just how blessed you are!!!


So, today, I am thankful for...


Now, before you lose your last meal....let me go on....


January 1, 2004 was the date of the above picture. And, after a while, I almost forget to be "thankful" for it. Now, don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for my hubby, almost continually. As a matter of fact, I thank not only God for D, but I thank D himself several times a day for what we have here.


To many, it may not be much. We have a home, vehicles, fenced in backyard, a child, a dog, "things," but....


I have not ever "had" to work. I chose to one time, and it helped, and sometimes now, it would be helpful too, but I get the opportunity that very few of my friends and no one in my immediate family has, even my grandmother works! I am the keeper of our home. D gets up everyday, while I am snoozing, kisses me goodbye, goes to work, while I "play all day," comes home, scarfs down whatever I fixed for supper, helps with Noah, which should be my job, but I have lately been caught up in things that require me to be gone at night, and then does it all over again.


Now, let me say this, "play all day" also includes: keeping the house straight, cooking & cleaning, mowing the grass, mowing the in-laws grass, helping my uncle with his part-time business, and pretty much never telling anyone "no" ever!!!


Well, to some this still sounds great. People ask me what I do, and I tell them I stay at home, and the response is typically, "That must be nice." And while they go out to eat on Sunday, and we go home to the roast, or pot of spaghetti, or whatever other 1 dish wonder I have prepared, I almost think it's not that nice.


But, ya know what, it sure is nice!!! And, like I mentioned, I have taken it for granted by tending to other "obligations" rather than my house, husband, and child. I should not be excited about leaving my family all day on a Saturday (from 6:30 am till 8 pm) to go to a "ministry training day." I should not be so excited about helping throw a baby shower with the ladies at church when it means I am gone 7 hours from my home(that's set up, the shower, and clean up...trust me, D timed it!). I should not be happy about times like these. And deep down inside, I'm not. I'm the happiest merely being at home. So....


I rambled on and on to mainly say this:


I am so thankful for the life my husband has provided here for me.


He is a wonderful provider, and guide, and leader.


He loves me truly, madly, deeply.


And more than that, he loves the Lord, and is quite sensitive to His voice.


He also never reads this....so I guess I should go tell him too!!!


I am thankful to be his bride!


No comments:

Post a Comment