Thursday, September 16, 2010

So much to thank Him for...

This morning, I am so proud to be an American!


I am thankful for our country!

We all hear the sad stories about people born overseas, children who are orphaned, and how they all try to come here to America. And sometimes, it frustrates me that we have such an "open door policy," however, I met a man from India the other night, and his story touched me.

When he was born, his mom threw him in the trash. She didn't want him. Now, he travels around America preaching, and getting offering money, and he takes it back to India and opens orphanages, widow homes, and battered women homes. And he risks his life spreading the Gospel in India. He said his family eats rice and curry every meal, because he wants all of the money he gets preaching to go back into the Lord's work. He is telling the people of India that God sent His son to die for us so that we can be free. Praise God for that!!!

But, here in America, if you want to preach the Gospel, it's not hard to do. I see people standing on street corners with Bibles. Jehovah Witnesses go door to door. This man cannot freely go around his country doing this though. That's why he comes here, to be a minister, and take that money back to India with him. He had on an old pair of worn out jeans on, and an older looking shirt, cheap shoes. He wasn't in a fancy suit, he didn't ask for anything, he just wanted to tell us that King Jesus died for us!!!

I do realize that people are born in America everyday who probably get thrown away.....if they'd ask me, I'd take any one that somebody wanted to throw away.....and I know there are poor people right in my own community, but they are mostly that way by choice. I went to a few stores yesterday, and at 3 of them they had help wanted signs posted. That might step on toes really, but it's true. If your business is not good, find something else. I know growing up, my dad always worked at a regular jobs, then got side jobs to help. And my mom worked too!!! Imagine, and my brother, sister, and myself all worked too, when we got old enough! And I don't remember saying, "Daddy's not here," or "When's Daddy getting home." I do remember never going to bed hungry or sleeping in a cardboard box!!! I do remember, Praise God, having everything I needed, and then some that I wanted!!!

Please pray for Pastor G. Mortha Roy & his wife Vimala Roy and Rays of Cross Ministries. They are from Andhrapradesh, India.

And be thankful that you are an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment