Monday, August 30, 2010

My boys' favorite

Betty's Banana Pudding!!!

This is my mother-n-law's recipe, but I stole it!!!

You will need:


5.1 oz package of instant vanilla pudding
4 cups cold milk

a dash of sugar

8 oz container of cool whip

a box of vanilla wafers

around 3 or 4 bananas, give or take

Here's what ya do:

Add milk to pudding mix. Add the dash of sugar. Whisk together for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip. In a seperate bowl, layer the vanilla wafers, 1/2 of the pudding mix, then bananas. Repeat. Refrigerate for about 4 hours for best results.
Not my best bowl, but this was taken to someone, so it's a bowl that doesn't need to be returned!


Tips:

*I always add more than a dash of sugar!

*Depending on the size of your bowl (I've made a triple recipe before and put it in an aluminum roaster!!!), you may need to split the ratio of layers...like, vanilla wafers, 1/4 of pudding mix, bananas, then repeat 3 more times. Or 1/3 of pudding mix...you get it.


*Always make sure that the bananas on top are mashed down into the pudding mix. If they are left out, they will be brown.


*I have refrigerated for only 3 hours before, and it was o.k., but 4 hours really is best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment