Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mealtime Mondays!


Along with Worship Wednesdays, and Funny Fridays, I want to have Mealtime Mondays! If I told my husband this, he would surely laugh his head off, because it's no secret that I am no gourmet chef, but I do like to try new things, and typically simple things. So, I will be sharing a recipe every Monday, and hopefully will begin to get some feedback on them. I will try to post pictures of each recipe as well, but for today, I forgot to take the picture of this meal, and we ate it last week, so, no picture today!!!


This is one that my great-grandmother made, and my grandmother made also. Na-Na said that she used to take this to potlucks and funerals often!!!


So, without further delay:


Ground Beef Casserole:

1 lb ground beef
1 chopped green pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can mushroom soup
1 can water
1/2 to 2/3 cup uncooked rice
1 medium onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste


Brown meat; combine with other ingredients. Top with buttered crumbs. Bake uncovered in 325 to 350 degree oven 2 1/2 hours or until rice is done.



*** Personal thoughts.....I left out the peppers because my boys don't like them, and I went with 325 degrees for 2 hours. We enjoyed this meal as something different, but with everyday ingredients. It has a different flavor to it than most things I know how to cook!!! I would probably double the recipe if I were making a big casserole with it.


Also-----I know it is not Monday, but I did it on today because of the post about the first day of school being on Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment