Friday, August 21, 2009

An update on Noah's school week...

This was the first week that Noah went to school full days. He still only goes 3 days a week, but he stays until 2 pm instead of 11:15 am. What they do is after lunch, they all come back to the room and lay down for an hour, then they get up, have another snack, do one more activity, then come home.

Tuesday, she said Noah would not lay down at all....he didn't throw a fit or anything, surprisingly....but he just wouldn't lay down. He said, "Noah went to lunch, now Noah go home. Noah's mom comes." His teacher, Mrs. Jen, explained to him that he'd be staying longer at school, and not coming home after lunch anymore. So, she let him quietly sit and watch a movie.

Wednesday, he was the first one asleep, at 11:45 am (they typically lay down around noon), and the last one to wake up at 1:15 pm. Hahah!

Thursday, he didn't go to sleep, but he layed down real still and calm. That's good enough!

All week, he got all smiley faces on his little progress sheet she sends home.

This morning, I woke up, and Noah was standing by my bed saying, "Good morning Mom. Can I go to school today and see my teacher?!" So, all in all, he loves it!

Mrs. Jen says he's doing really good, and he is so smart and mature from the last time she taught him. He started in March 2008. He had her from March to May 2008. Back when he didn't talk at all, wasn't potty-trained, etc. She said he could go to regular preschool somewhere, that she thinks he'd do fine with typical peers, but I still think maybe not. And, I'm sorry, but Momma knows! But, I guess that was a compliment from her, and her saying he is one of the smartest kids she has ever had. That was nice.

Everyday, Noah comes home so excited, telling me all about his day. He shows me all of his work from school, and tells me all about what he is learning. He told me yesterday, "Mom, I work at school. I have to work!" Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment