Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day



And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath:but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:4


A couple of things I want to share here:

1. I am quite thankful to God for chosing Derrick to be the father of my son. Derrick may not do everything right, and I sure don't (yeah, it's hard to believe), but I do honestly know that Derrick does everything for our child that he thinks is right, and he does it as unto the Lord.


2.He is not easily persuaded to join the "hip" dads; that is to say that he is very careful about what Noah hears, sees, and does.


3.And no matter how tired Derrick is, after a long, hard days work, and Noah runs right into his dad's arms, Derrick receives him in love.


4. Derrick teaches our child to be humble, compassionate, and God-fearing.


5. To my dad....thanks a million for all that you do for your children and grandchildren.
6. To my father-n-law....you have an awesome son, you did a great job.
7. To my Heavenly Father....Your promises are yes and amen, Your mercy is never ending, Your ways are unchanging, and You call me friend. Thanks for taking me, lifting me up out of the miry clay, and establishing my feet upon the solid rock. And thanks for the wonderful men in my life who are known as "Dad."

No comments:

Post a Comment