Thursday, July 19, 2012

Last Day in Chattanooga:Raccoon Mtn, Lake Winnie!

All good things must come to an end.....

our last (bonus) day, started out raining, so we headed to our last indoor activity around, Raccoon Mountain Caverns. It was a fun tour, and I'd love to go back with just the hubs sometime (20 years from now may be first available date) and stay in a cabin!



When the sun finally peeked out, we got to see the entrance sign!!! It was pouring cats and dogs when we arrived!

Here we are in the cave!

And we made it out to sunshine!!!

Then we headed to our actual destination, Lake Winnie!!!
We were thinking it was going to be cheesy, but found it that for us, it was anything but!!!

We are a fair lovin' family, and this place was like the fair times a gazillion!!! It had something for all of us! I wanted to post all our pictures from here, but elected to try to narrow it down! I tried!!!

Most of the pictures have Derrick in the them with Noah, but rest assured, I was there, and I rode almost every ride they did, I just didn't make the press as much!
Excited we made it!

Noah's first request....the bumper cars!

Daddy's first request.....anything off the ground!

Noah's ultimate favorite....the Wacky Factory!

Where was I?
Finding an evening date!

Fun time on the lake.

I'm the one in red with my arms in the air!!!

Mom's request....the Tilt-a-Whirl!

Nicholas's ride....the stroller!!! lol!

Fine driver I had!

A water slide!

Noah's first real roller coaster! I tried to take their picture on it, but 4 failed attempts got me nowhere!!!

Our conclusion ride! When it loops to the top, the operator held it still for 30 seconds, while we were upside down....D convinced me somehow to ride it myself....I yelled ROLL TIDE when the ride was paused!!!



If you are ever in the Chattanooga area, and if you have children looking for fun, I'm telling you DO NOT MISS THIS! We had such a great time. It's a little off the beaten path, but the admission price, including unlimited rides, is cheaper than our county fair!!! You can't beat that!

Next up will be our journey home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment