Monday, January 31, 2011

Beware---A mini-sermon!


"...,and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins. Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, to swim in, a river that could not be passed over. "---Ezekiel 47: 3b-5



  • Are you ankle deep in what God has for you? Or in what you have for God? Maybe you are just starting out in your walk with the Lord.



  • Are you moving to the knee deep point, where you know just enough to get by, and you want all of what you could have, but you just aren't going to sacrifice for it? You're not going to pray more, or read the Word more, or love more.



  • Are you waist deep in the water? Are you only giving God what you "have to." Just "Enduring till the end." You pray---for yourself, when you need something. You read---every Sunday morning along with the preacher. You are a part of a ministry---because if you give to God, He'll surely reward you....or...



  • Are you all the way in the river, where you are giving God all you have, and not worrying about what else he has for you?!?!?


After all, it's your reasonable service to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God!


I recently heard this preached as a sermon, and it really got me to thinking. I'm always, "strivin' to be like Him." But, am I really? Am I doing everything? Am I willing to give up everything?


We sing a song at our church called Evermore, and one of the lines in it says, "Above all, I live for Your Glory." Not meaning for His Glory to fall upon us, but for us to live to Glorify Him. My life is for His Glory.


One of the most popular radio stations, W.I.I.F.M....What's In It For Me?


But, that's really not it. We should never stop trying to learn about the Lord, or being like the Lord. We should strive always to be our best in Him. Rather than thinking, "Well, I've went to church all my life, bless His name, I've heard it all....." No, we don't!!! I think you could be a Christian for 89 years, and not know everything! Particularly about God. And you can be a Christian for 5 years and know more than the one saved for 89 years!!! It happens all the time. You can be saved 89 years and be only ankle deep, or knee deep. At knee deep, you know enough to quote a scripture or two, but not enough to LOVE unconditionally, without passing judgement. If you follow all the commandments of the Lord, but you don't love, you have nothing!


And, I totally typed this up in Love, not Condemnation. I don't believe in condemning people, Jesus didn't, I'm not going to. I really have had my eyes open to this, and just felt lead to share it on here....maybe you needed to hear it too!



I'll say, "Yes, Lord, Yes, to Your Will and Your Test!"

No comments:

Post a Comment