Monday, November 9, 2009

Memories

I was just reading the blog of a friend of mine, and she posted a small list of memories that come with the fall season from her childhood that were very meaningful to her.

Her blog, along with the fact that
on November 3rd, my house was already half-way
decorated for Christmas,
has prompted me to make a small list of things
that I remember from my "early childhood"
as well as what I would love to create for Noah's
"early childhood," but the Christmas-time memories!


My childhood:
1. Mom (after working a million hours a week) making candies
and cookies just to put on platters and give away!
2. Watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

3. Decorating the garland and ornaments and stockings
on the fireplace mantel.

4. Putting up our "huge, massive" Christmas tree. (To me it was!)

5. Wrapping presents, and writing the nametags myself!
6. Mom playing Christmas music on the organ.
7. Listening to Christmas music in the car.

8. Remembering that Mom never fussed at me to "be careful"
or "sit down" or "your too little to help" or "please leave me alone."


Noah's childhood:

1. Please see the above list!



Thanks to both of my parents, but in particularly,
my momma, for some of the best Christmas memories ever,
and my whole life is full of wonderful memories like these.

I remember it all.

But, at this time of the year,
I chose to share the Christmas memories...my favorite!

Thanks mom.

1 comment: