Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving Forward


This has been on my mind lately....so here it is.


Sometimes in life, we get busy. Busy sometimes with the wrong things. Either way, we get busy, and it seems like things are not going to work out the way they were planned to. Our ways are not His ways, and His ways are not ours! Sometimes, rather than focus on what's going to happen, or how it will happen, I feel like the focus should be on Who is gonna make it happen.....whatever it is will be for our own good.....for God's plan for us is:

1. to prosper and be in health, even as our soul prospers

2. plans for good and not evil

3. life, and life more abundantly!!!


Those are just three of God's promises that have been on my mind lately....there is a whole book of these little promises!!!



And, of course, it's easier to say all of this than to put it to practice, but it's just been on my mind lately, and since I'm a blogger, not a preacher, I felt lead to share it on here!


Ya know, we have a little bird feeder right outside of Noah's bedroom window, just at the end of our front porch. We love to watch the different birds fly up and eat, then go to the bird bath and play. We probably have around, oh I don't know, at least 10 different birds that come eat everyday, and it's a lot to watch.


God sees every bird, all of the time.


If he watches even the birds, then surely, absolutely, INDEED, He sees His daughter, and knows what is best for me!


Also, remember, the devil knows your past, but God only knows your future! So, anytime I try to decide what will happen next, I can always rest assured that God already knows it, and He is working all things for my good!


One last thing, then I'll stop! The words below are to a song that we sing at church (it's not my church...it's His!) and it's called Moving Forward by Israel Houghton. I always like to share songs on here just the words, not any videos or music, because then the focus may shift to the persons talent, rather than the realness of the lyrics. So I'll leave you with these powerful words!!!



What a moment You have brought me to

Such a freedom I have found in You

You're the Healer

Who makes all things new

Yeah yeah yeah


I'm not going back I'm moving ahead

Here to declare to You

My past is over in You All things are made new

Surrendered my life to Christ

I'm moving, moving forward


You have risen

With all power in Your hands

You have given me

A second chance

Hallelujah hallelujah

Yeah, yeah, yeah



You make all things new

Yes You make all things new

And I will follow You Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment