Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So much to do....

Golly, I have a lot to do! There are a billion places I have to go and a few people I have to call, just to keep everyone happy. We are leaving for vacation Saturday....which I am totally thankful for, but it's just always something. I'll be glad Saturday when I am driving south!!!

I also cannot believe Noah only has two days of school left. He has come such a long way this year, I hate to see it come to a close. His teachers were great, he made new friends, and so on.
Poor Derrick has been working crazy hours. He went in at 6:00 a.m. and left me a note saying that he didn't get home until 8:00 p.m.! I was at church (yes, our church has Tuesday night service instead of Wednesday nights) and when I came home he was asleep. A whole day of not talking to him is sad. Again, just thankful he has a job. Overtime is nice, but if it's killing you...well.

Vacation is much needed for us all. Noah out of school, Derrick off of work, and Tiffany out of the house and away from everyone! Just for a week. I know I will be homesick. But, it's so hard to fulfill all obligations all the time.

I enjoyed my class tonight. I teach the toddlers on Tuesday night at church. They are so innocent and impressionable. I love it! As corny as this sounds, those kids really make a difference in my life....it's supposed to be the other way around. Tonight we learned about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and how they praised God even in that fiery furnace! That's a great story. If you've never read Daniel 3, do so.

Afterwards, I ran into two guys I went to school with that I haven't seen forever. That was nice. It was really nice to know they were at church!

Hope someone is reading this and not thinking I am a total dweeb. It helps to get this stuff off of my mind. Espescially when I usually stay up and worry about what all there is to do! So many people I try to make happy all the time...something I wish I hadn't inherited from my mom. One of her best qualities (all of her qualities are best).

Tomorrow is a new day, and I am going to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment