Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Shadow

One recurring action from our Tampa vacation was the big brother had an extra shadow in the form of a little brother. No matter what Noah was doing, Nicholas had to be doing it too! Noah was sometimes annoyed by this, but for the most part, I think Noah was flattered that his brother looks up to him, and wants to be just like him. Noah could be doing something right or wrong, it doesn't matter, Nicholas wants to copy the act. Nicholas wants to repeat the phrase. Nicholas wants to be like Noah. This gave me 2 different thoughts. 

1. How much more should we want to be like Jesus? 
2. How many people are watching us (as Christians) to see if we are being like Jesus?

I know that I am totally smitten by my Father, and that Jesus won my heart a long time ago. His promises are yes and amen, and He has never left me, nor forsaken me. I have not ever felt like God just didn't love me. I also know that He expects us to be an example for others to follow. That we are called to be salt and light in the earth. That we are to demonstrate what it is to have the fruit of the Spirit operating in our lives. To be like Him so that others will know. They will know we are Christians by our love. That's it. Love Him and love others. Follow Him like a shadow. Learn from the Word (The Word was God-John 1:1). 

As I watch my firstborn be a natural leader, I am amazed daily at the things I observe. He is not perfect. He messes up. But, I notice him always finding those who don't have a friend and he friends them. He loves the friendless. He loves those who need to be loved. He makes friends wherever he goes. Sometimes I help out in Children's Church, and I've watched as Noah helps the smaller children find their Bible verse. I've watched him at the football field before practice, and he includes everyone, even siblings of friends. At school for the past 4 years, he has served on a committee who welcomes new students. If their is a new boy who moves to our school and is in Noah's class, Noah was committed to stay with that child for one week, showing him around the school, sitting with him at lunch and snack, and playing with him at free play. Everyone feels welcomed. I know that this makes Jesus happy. It has to. Jesus was always after the misfits as well...look at how He loves me!!! 

Not only is Nicholas a shadow to Noah, but Noah strives to be a shadow to Jesus. This has stirred within me a renewed goal to try my hardest to be more like Him. I want to shadow the Almighty. 
Noah teaching Nicholas about the animals at the Tampa Zoo.

Monkeys observing monkeys. Noah sat there, Nicholas plopped in right beside.

At the Florida Aquarium, I said, "Noah look here for a picture!" Nicholas responded, "Wait for me!"

Noah watching the sharks, Nicholas knee up behind him, doing the exact pose. This was not scripted. Nicholas did these things on his own.

The Glazer Children's Museum.

Busch Gardens

MOSI news center.

1 comment:

  1. Just noticed that we are on the same blogging schedule! Ha! I just added a VERY brief one....hoping it will get me motivated!

    ReplyDelete