Wednesday, July 14, 2010

With a prayerful heart

While recently reading one of my favorite blogs about a lady and her family, and some of their happenings, her recent post had a prayer request at the end. It was for a family she knows who's 4 year old little girl, Hannah, has had a two year battle with brain cancer, and now they just found out it's back. The dad of the little girl also has a blog about their journey and faith. Again, I don't know any of these people, but while reading this, and watching a video of Hannah's princess birthday party, I have just been in tears. Watching this little suffering child, I was reminded of what is really important. The way my house looks, not important. Having a house, important. The way supper is ready when the smoke alarm goes off, not important. Having food, important. How much money we have, not important. Having a hard-working, healthy husband who has a job and is faithful to it, important. What clothes I have on, not important. However, it is important that I have something on!!! Looking my best all of the time, not important. Feeling my best all of the time, important. Having a child who is always perfect, not making mistakes, and a show-child, not important. Having a healthy, happy little boy who loves to learn, run, and play, and who has the ability to do these things, important.I also have a renewed compassion for people with sick children. Sometimes I maybe forget that my own child didn't talk for almost 3 years of his life!!! And was also told by a doctor that he might never do so. Well, let me be the one to tell you that I can't make him stop talking now!!! haha. Not that I want to. I waited so long to hear what he had to say, and I am thankful that he can say it!
So, I will now be praying for the Harrison family as often as I think of them, and I would like to ask you to do the same!

Also, please watch this video to see little Hannah at her birthday party. Get your tissues ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment